Monday, December 2, 2013

Say the Word


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120213.cfm) reminds me how powerful Jesus’ word is.

They say that the pen is mightier than the sword. Words are powerful and strong. Our national hero, Jose Rizal, did not carry a gun but his words, through his writings, inspired a lot of people. Guys courting ladies are waiting for one powerful and happy word to be said to them – “yes!”, which brings much joy to the guy. These are some instances we see how powerful words are.

In the gospel we see Jesus being amazed by the faith, humility and goodness of the centurion. Being a man of power, he cared so much for his people that he went to go to Jesus not for his own concerns, but for his servant! Second, he knew he was a sinful man, and he knew who Jesus was. So he did not want to let Jesus come to his home because he knew he is unworthy to receive him. lastly, he knew the power of Jesus’ word. He had a lot of faith in Jesus, that his word is powerful enough to heal and restore to health anyone.

May we be like the centurion – having genuine concern for others, especially to the least; having a humble heart, knowing who we are as compared to who Jesus is; and having great faith in Jesus and his word.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another week to live. Lord, I pray that you help me live like the centurion. May I have genuine concern for others, especially now that we have a lot of people that need help and concern. May I have humility and always recognize who you are and who I am. may this drive me to confess to at least try to improve and prepare myself as I welcome you. Lastly, may I have faith in your word, your goodness and your power. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...