Thursday, December 26, 2013

Will you do too?


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122613.cfm) makes me think of how I would show God my appreciation, gratitude and love.

Holiday's over. Literally. Today, we again go back to work (except for those who are on leave), it's a regular working day again. Just like that, Christmas day is over. Yesterday we commemorated Christ being born for us, now God asks us how will we respond.

There is a reason why the day immediately after Christmas, after a joyous occasion, we commemorate the feast day of Stephen, the first martyr. Like what Jesus told Peter, James and John in the Transfiguration, he is telling us to get back to reality and the normalcy of life. Now, how will we respond to God's love, to God's goodness, to God's mercy?

Stephen died for his faith. He was not forced, he chose to. We do not need to be martyrs to show God we love him, we appreciate his coming to save us, and that we are grateful. We should, little by little, everyday, make decisions that would honor him, that would deny us of our personal wants and comforts, if it is not his will.

God wants us to get back to reality and live our faith. Will be we willing?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for bringing me back to reality. Thank you for all the gifts which you, the Celebrant, continue to give me. Lord I pray that i have faith like Stephen and I would be willing, and choose to live for you and die of myself for your glory, so that you may live in me, and through me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...