Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holy Family


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122913.cfm) reminds me how important family is. 

The basic unit of society is the family. It is a unit that we know will always be there for us, that is why a lot if times it is taken for granted.

The fourth commandment, the first pertaining to human beings, tell us to honor our parents. In the first reading we see again how important respecting parents are. Aside from it being a commandment of God, doing it has a lot of primised rewards. Indeed, no matter how imperfect our parentsmay be, God wants us to honor, respect, serve and love them. 

The gospel shows us things we may not see our parents are doing. Probably Mary and Jesus were unaware of Joseph's dreams and decisions, but these were part of God's plans and were helpful in raising up Jesus. 

May we always see the importance if family and look at our parents always with high regards and love. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for the gift of family. Thank you for using my family to make me feel your love. I am sorry for the times I take my family for granted. I am sorry for the times I faied to treat my parents the way you want me to. I pray that you help me be a better person, and may I be able to show to my parents and my family how important they are and how much I love them.  Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...