Sunday, December 15, 2013

Patiently Waiting


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121513.cfm) reminds me that as we should be patiently waiting as we prepare for Christ’s coming

The readings this advent generally talk about us preparing ourselves to receive God and for his coming, which we commemorate this Christmas. The first Sunday reminded me that we should prepare, the second Sunday reminded me of what we can do to prepare – to really repent and confess as we clean our hearts and lives for Him. now, I was reminded that we should be patient while we are waiting for Him.

The second reading tells us that as a farmer patiently waits for the seeds to bear fruit, so should be wait patiently for the coming of God. In the gospel we see John tirelessly working as he was preparing the way for and waiting for the coming of Christ. In the first reading we see what great things will happen when Christ comes.

We should learn how to wait.

Trees do not grow overnight. Flowers do not bloom in one hour. However, while we are waiting for trees to grow, and flowers to bloom, we should continue doing our best to take care of it. Water it. Give it nutrients, fertilizers, enough sunlight. We should do the best that we can while waiting for the right season for them to grow and bloom.

So it is with our faith. As we wait for Christ, we should continue loving Him, serving Him, doing good, praying, reading the bible. So that when he comes, we will truly be ready.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another Sunday. How fast time fliesl Lord, it’s already the third Sunday. Lord , I pray that you help me really prepare for you this Christmas. May I be patient as I wait for you, and may I continue to love and serve you through others as I do so. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...