Saturday, December 14, 2013

Different Preparation


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121413.cfm) tells me of a different way of preparing.

The first reading tells us of the story of Elijah – how he lived and was taken away by God. He lived his life preparing the way for God, to make the people turn back to God. In the gospel, Jesus tells his disciples that just as it is written, Elijah came back again, in the person of John the Baptist, to prepare the way for Jesus.

Prepare.

How do we prepare? This advent season, things come to mind. clean the house – confess. Give gifts – help out others. Love others. Receive the sacraments. However, the psalmist gives us a different way of preparing, and in a way sums it up…

Turn to God.

To prepare for Him, we just need to turn to him. to return to him. to let him be God in our lives.

May we be ready and willing to prepare and turn to God this advent season and always.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for speaking to me again. Lord, as I prepare for Christmas, as I prepare for you this advent season, may I not forget to turn to you. May my life be surrendered to you, and as I turn to you and return to you, I know that it will be easier for you to consume me and enter me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...