Friday, August 30, 2013

Be Wise


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/083013.cfm) reminds me that God wants us to be wise as we live our lives here on earth.

At first read, the gospel seems harsh. Ang damot naman.bakit ayaw mamigay ng mga meron pa. Diba sabi ni Jesus we should share with others, that sharing is caring? Initially, that was what I felt. However, looking deeper, we can see what God wants to tell us.

God wants us to be wise. How? In the gospel, the wise virgins had extra oil, while the foolish did not. The oil differentiates them, and we can say that the oil signifies good deeds. Good deeds can’t be given by others to you. it is something you have to do for yourself. It Is something you have to work for to attain. Good deeds, working for God, serving God… these are things we cannot share with others. And God calls us to be wise and have these things in “Stock” and have lots of it to be ready when he comes.

“Stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the hour”

God does not want us to be up all day wating for him. In the parable, even the wise virgins fell asleep. So staying awake is more than just physical, it is being ready when he comes. Being prepared. Whatever we do in this life we have, we should not forget that calls us to be wise, and wants us to be wise and prepared to meet him.

Father God,
Thank you for today! Thank you it’s Friday already! Lord, thank you for your wisdom, thank you that even if I don’t understand things at first, you will never fail me as long as I keep faithful to you and search you. Thank you for being true to your word, that if I seek you, I will find you, if I seek you with all of my heart. Lord, I pray that as I live my life on earth,  I may be wise and prepare so that when I meet you, you will be glad to see me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...