Friday, August 23, 2013

God is Simple.


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082313.cfm) reminds me again how simple God’s commandments are.

Other religions may have many laws and commandments. As Catholics, we follow the ten commandments. However, in the gospel today, we see the basis of these commandments – Love for God that flows to love for others.

We do not have to memorize a lot of things as we live this life. We just have to remember one word. Love.

God asks us to love him first, above everything, above everyone else. Love God with all we got. Love God first. Then this love should flow to other people. It should not stop at ourselves, it should not stop with us loving God. We have to apply it to others and love others as we love God.

As we live our lives, we may have a lot of rules and policies. In our work, in our communities, in our families there might be different things we follow. However, we are reminded to not be overwhelmed and not to lose focus on God, on the essential things in life. Everything else should be rooted from this. Love for God that flows to love for others.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you it’s Friday already. Thank you, that even if I have a busy, working weekend, I was able to rest this week. Lord, thank you for loving me first. I am able to love because I experience your love. May I always love you first, may I always think of you and put my focus on you. May I live my life loving you and serving others as I my love for you flows to them. In a special way I also lift up to you my sister Katrina. As she celebrates her birthday today, I pray that she would always feel your love, blessings, and protection in her life. And as she does so, may it move her to action and enable her to continue to love others and in her own way, be Christ to others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...