Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Transfiguration 2013



In the first reading, we see how human words describe God’s power glory and dominion. Such an amazing sight to see. We could only imagine how great and majestic it really is. This shows how great and powerful God is, and how powerful Jesus, the Son of Man is, receiving dominion, glory and kingship from God.

The second reading is Peter’s testament of what happened in the gospel. In the gospel, we see an account of Jesus transfiguration. Jesus chooses to reveal a glimpse of his glory to three of his closest friends, the big three of the apostles – Peter, James and John. They see Jesus transfigured, and saw Moses and Elijah, representing the Law and the Prophets, with him. What an amazing sight it must have been. Then to cap it off, they heard God’s voice – “This is my chosen Son, listen to Him.”  Probably they were thinking that this Jesus is indeed the real thing.

We see how great and powerful God is. We see how anointed and glorious Jesus is. This should lead us to remember and be thankful to Jesus and God. God loves us so much that he sent his only Son to be separated with him in his glory and become one like us. How special we really are!

However, this should not end here. Knowing how great God is, knowing how glorious Jesus is, is not enough. In other accounts of the transfiguration, the big three wanted to stay in the mountain. OF course, it was such a glorious sight, a spiritually high moment. But Jesus said no. Jesus asked them to come down the mountain. What does it tell us? We should go back to reality. We should go back into the world and live the gospel. Preach the gospel. It is not enough that we know and experience how great God is. We should also go back and proclaim him to other people. That’s the challenge. That’s the work we need to do.

Do I believe God is really all powerful, all glorious? Do I know and appreciate how much God loves me? When do I experience God in a special way? Am I willing to go back to reality and work to proclaim his greatness? Where is he calling me to preach? How?

Father God,
Thank you for giving me another day to live and to serve you. Thank you for reminding me of how great the God I am serving. Lord, help me respond to your call. Alam ko mahirap, minsan gusto ko nalang magdasal mag isa, or masaya na ako sa experience ko sa iyo. But Lord, I know you want me to act. I know you want me to move. I know you want me to make disciples for you. So I ask you Lord to give me faith to step out of my comfort zone and do what you want, so I can do my part in building your kingdom. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...