Wednesday, August 28, 2013

He is Everywhere


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082813.cfm) reminds me that God is everywhere.

When I was diagnosed to have astigmatism and was given glasses, I felt uncomfortable. It was weird having something in my face all the time. Then someone told me not to mind it, to not be conscious of my glasses and act as if it’s not there. True enough, eventually I became comfortable with it and felt that I did not have them on.

The psalm today reminds us of something similar – that God is always with us, that God is everywhere.

However, just like the glasses, it is our decision to ignore him and take him for granted. It is our decision to see him in everything, or forget he is in everything and in everyone. Same as true as we live our lives – it is our decision if we will live for him, knowing that he sees everything, or if we will live for ourselves, acting like he is not around.

May we be moved to see God in everything and everyone, and live our lives like it.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live and serve you. Lord, I am sorry for taking you for granted, for acting and living my life as if you’re not here. Lord, I pray that you give me a heart that will always be aware of you. May I always see you in everything around me. Also, however hard it may be, especially when I see people I don’t like, I pray that I may see you in everyone, so that I may treat everyone in a way I would treat you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...