Monday, August 12, 2013

Faith and Action


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/081213.cfm) reminds me that faith and action should go hand in hand

In the bible it says that “Faith without works is dead” and today in the gospel we see it’s true.

Jesus asked Peter to do something familiar – to catch fish. Peter was a fisherman so It was no big deal for him. However, what Jesus asked him to do aside from that is something else.

and take the first fish that comes up.
Open its mouth and you will find a coin worth twice the temple tax.
Give that to them for me and for you

Peter had faith in Jesus words, that is why he did what he was asked. His faith moved him into action.

Again we see how Jesus needs us to act as well. How he wants us to be part of his plans. how he loves us so much because he involves us and wants us to experience him and grow in love with him. He could have easily produced the coin/s, but he included Peter so Peter can experience firsthand the power of Jesus. As a result of Peter’s faith and action, he had an experience of faith and he got a coin to pay for his tax.

May we be ready to move and act to experience God’s love and power in our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week to love and serve you. Lord, I pray for good weather. I ask that you bless and protect us, especially those really affected by the typhoon. In a special way, I pray for faith. May I have faith that will move me into action, and as a result of that, I know I will experience you in a personal way, and it will increase my faith even more and deepen my love for you. Amen.

Blessed Monday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...