Monday, August 5, 2013

Others First


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080513.cfm) reminds me how we should live – putting others first.

Jesus was close to John the Baptist, that’s why it  hurt him when he was killed. He withdrew to a deserted place to be by himself, to pray and mourn the death of John the Baptist. However, when people followed him, he did not turn them away. He gave up his original plan for himself and accommodated the people – even feeding them, thousands of them.

In life, we all have our concerns. We all have our problems and challenges. From time to time, we want to have our alone time to rest, reflect and pray. However, we are reminded by Jesus to still accommodate people who may need our help. Our concerns should not be an excuse for us to shut away people. Our concerns and challenges are not excuses for us not to help out people. This is probably what sets us apart as followers of Christ – that we are ready and willing to serve others despite our own personal concerns, no matter how difficult it may be.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to serve you. Thank you for another week to praise you. Lord, I thank you for your WORd. Thank you for reminding me the importance of putting others first, and for reminding me how much you love me. I am sorry for the times I let my own concerns prevent me from reaching out to others. Sorry for the times I put myself first and focus on myself. May I have the heart like yours. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...