Sunday, August 18, 2013

Let Go Everyday


The WORD today  (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/081813.cfm) reminds me that we need to continuously let go of all the things that is not of Christ

Yesterday, I was reminded not only to choose God, but to live my life as such. Today, I am again reminded to let go of everything that is not of God.

…let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us
and persevere in running the race that lies before us…

Choosing God is not a one-time big time decision. It is a daily process, daily decision. We have to be persistent in choosing him, especially after every time we fall. Sometimes when we fall, when we sin, especially after saying we love God and we want to follow him, we can become disheartened. We lose hope on ourselves. We are disappointed with ourselves. We may feel we are making no progress. However, Jesus tells us otherwise. We should persevere in the race.

What should keep up from giving up, from being disheartened and disappointed? The same person who inspired us to begin the race as well – Jesus. The reading continues…

… while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus,
the leader and perfecter of faith…

As we live our lives on earth, and try to live for God, we might fall from time to time. However, we should not lose hope, not be disheartened, and just focus our eyes on Jesus as we get up on our feet and run the race for Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another Sunday. Lord, I am again working today, but I still thank you for the blessing of work. Thank you that I am able to move about freely, to think, to breathe, and do to things for you. Lord, I pray that you help me keep my focus on you. As I live my life for you, a lot of times I will fall. I am sorry. Help me to get back on my feet, ask for your forgiveness, and persevere in running for you. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...