Friday, August 9, 2013

Payback Time


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080913.cfm) reminds me that God will repay us according to our life on earth.

Actions speak louder than words, and in a lot of situations this is true – including our spiritual life.

Probably, everyone wants to go to heaven. It is actually easy to say that we want to go to heaven. The harder, and the more important part, is acting like it. Proving it.

In the gospel Jesus said that the Son of Man will come in his glory and repay everyone according to his conduct, that is, according to how he lived his life, not according to what he said. Talk is cheap, action is needed. If we say we want to go to heaven but continue to focus on earthly things and disregarding heavenly things, something’s wrong. If we say we want to be with God, but refuse to go out of our way to bring Christ to others, we are telling a lie. IF we say we love God but refuse to love our neighbours  here on earth, then we really don’t love him. Actions speak louder than words, and in cases where our actions contradict our words, God honors our actions to know where we really want to go.

We all will have to give an accounting of our life on earth. May we be ready and prepare ourselves when payback time comes.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for giving me an extra day to rest! Thank you for this holiday! Lord, I pray for our Muslim brothers and sisters. May I be able to maximize this day and make it worthwhile. May I be able to use this day to tell you, not just through my words but more so through my actions, that I love you and I want to be with you in heaven. Help me be able to prove it and live it everyday… so that I know what to expect when you come to pay me back. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...