Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throw or Keep ?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080113.cfm) reminds me to live my life in a way worthy to be kept.

In the Philippines, garage sales are not unusual. We usually clean out our closets and the entire house to see what we can do away with. With clothes, different people have different criteria, some are willing to part with clothes they have not worn for 6 months, while others don’t want to part with clothes that still fit them, no matter how old they may be.

Unlike with choosing which clothes to let go for garage sale, in the end ob time, there will be a standard criteria.  When God comes, he will not have a hard time separating what should be kept from those who should be thrown. He knows who should be with him and who should go to hell, literally.

We may not feel it now, we may not think the time will come, but by faith, we know that God will come again. And when he does, may he find us worthy to be kept.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for all the blessings which i do not deserve. Thank you for continuing to have faith in me even if I do not have faith in myself. Thank you for seeing the goodness in me when other people cant. Lord, i pray that you help me live my life, in a way that when you come again, you will find me worthy to be kept with you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...