Saturday, August 24, 2013

Why Do You Believe?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082413.cfm) makes me think why I believe in God.

They say everything has a reason. Everything that happens has a reason. And there is also a reason why we believe certain things. In the  gospel, Jesus asks Nathaniel: “Do you believe because…”

Sometimes we are like that. We believe because…

We believe God because we are taught so by our family, school, or community. We believe God because we are born with that thinking. We believe God because he blesses us so much. We believe God because we need to believe in something greater than ourselves. We believe God because we need him to help us get through the challenges in life.

So, why do you believe?

May we be challenged by this question, and look inside ourselves to see why we believe. And when the going gets tough, when we are faced with life’s challenges, like Job, may we continue to believe in God, continue to love in him, and continue to trust in him despite the challenges we encounter in life.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for the gift of life. Thank you also that even if I have to go to work this weekend, I am healthy and I have work. Lord, again I ask that you help me praise and worship you through my work, through all the things I will do this weekend. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...