Wednesday, August 14, 2013

God Takes Care


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/081413.cfm) reminds me how God takes care of us.

Years ago, I saw a sad and sweet movie about a dying father. He was terminally ill, and it pains him even more that he will not be there to be with his child as he lives his life. To make sure the child have a father figure in his life, he recorded messages for different future events in the child’s life – birthdays, graduation, first heartbreak, before getting married, etc. he tried his best to make the child feel his love and presence even if he was not physically around anymore.

Today, we are reminded how God is also like that. In the first reading, we see how Moses, the great prophet, died. However, God took care of the people by giving them Joshua to take Moses’ place. He made sure the people still had a leader and someone to guide and be with them as they journey.

In the gospel, again He takes care of us by telling us how we should approach conflicts. He tells us how to do fraternal correction, how to handle someone in sin. We should first do a one on one, then if the person does not listen, bring a couple of witnesses, then if still the person does not listen, bring it to the church. This reminds us that it should be done out of love and with the intention of correcting the person, not to shame someone. God also tells us how powerful prayer is. He may not be with us physically, but we know that as he said in the gospel, he is with us even if just two or three are gathered in his name, one in praying for something. That’s how powerful prayer is, and that’s how loving God is.

May we be comforted by the fact that God loves us so much, and continues to take care of us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for giving me another day to live, to love, and to serve you. Lord, I thank you for always being there, for taking care of me, even if sometimes I do not feel or realize it. Thank you for loving me and making sure I am safe and well taken care of. I am sorry for the times I complain and fail to see your hand protecting and blessing me. And as I experience your love, care and protection, may I also share it to others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...