Thursday, August 29, 2013

Challenges in Life


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082913.cfm) reminds me that everyone of us experiences challenges in life.

They say that as long as you live, you will always have problems, or challenges in life. And the only time you will be problem free is if you die. True.

Everyone. No exceptions.

Good and bad alike. Much more if we’re good, if we follow God.

Jesus experienced a lot of challenges here on earth. And he said that everyone who comes to follow him will also experience the same in their lives. As we see and commemorate today, St John the Baptist also experienced it, even before Christ did. He was brutally killed, his head cut off, as a result of doing good – of proclaiming and standing for what is right. Unfair? Probably in the worldly sense, but God’s wisdom is far from our understanding.

As we live our lives, especially as we follow Christ, there will be a lot of challenges. It may seem unfair – we serve God, we do good, we give our time, talents and treasures for Him and his kingdom, but we still have a lot of challenges. Seeing worldly people prosper may also distract us and make us question. However, these are times when we just have to trust in God and his wisdom and his perfect plan for us. We just have to be reminded of Jesus and people who follow him, like St John, who endured challenges as they were faithfully doing God’s work. And be comforted that as we experience these challenges, we are walking the path of Christ.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for giving me another day to live, to work, to serve you, to know you. Lord, I thank you for the challenges I experience in life – because I know that these challenges would help me become a better person. I know these challenges are ways of strengthening and purifying me. And as I experience these, I ask that you continue to help me, to bless and protect me, that I may always be faithful and always be strong to continue serving you despite these challenges. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-





No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...