Saturday, August 10, 2013

Receive to Give


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/081013.cfm) reminds me that God gives us a lot so we can share it with others

They say that the sea of Galilee is healthy because is gives away whatever it receives, while the dead sea is the exact opposite because it keeps what it receives (See reflection http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2013/06/give-and-take.html ). If we want to have an abundant life, we have to do something that seems to contradict it – give away.

I know of a number of people who are very blessed financially, and looking in their lives, it is obvious that they give a lot to others – not just to family, but to others who really need their financial help. This is what God is telling us in the first reading

Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you,
so that in all things, always having all you need,
you may have an abundance for every good work

God is a very generous God. His blessings are never ending – infinite. And he does not plan to hold on to them. Only thing is, he gives it to those who can handle it, those who know how to properly use it, those who are willing to give away whatever they receive.

Once we choose and decide to serve God, once we show him we are doing his work despite our limitations, he will continue to give us more. As they say, we need to be empty to be filled again. God cannot be outgiven, he will give us back much more than what we give him. As we look back in our lives, we will surely see God’s provident hand blessing us as we serve him, as we try to be blessings to others.

May we be reminded of God’s infinite love and blessings he is excited and ready to give us – once we are ready to give them away to others.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to glorify you with my life. Lord, I thank you for your endless love, for you infinite blessings and goodness. Lord, I thank you for continuing to bless me. A lot of times I am unworthy, but you still bless me nonetheless. Lord, as I experience your love and blessings, may I be moved to share them to others as well. I know that as I give cheerfully to others, you will bless me more, so I can give more. Open my heart that I may desire to share you and your blessings to others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related readings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...