Sunday, January 6, 2013

Epiphany 2013


Sharing with you my prayer on the WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010613.cfm)
Christmas is a time of giving. God gave his only son to save us from sin and death, because he loves us. Lord, this Christmas, there were a lot of gifts exchanged. I gave gifts to family and friends, and I received my fair share of gifts. It feels good to give and receive gifts. But Lord, not all of us even thought of you. We exerted effort to give our families and friends great gifts, but not all of us even thought of giving you something. Think – what did you give Christ last Christmas?
Father God, I thank you for you are a God of second chances. With you, it is never too late. If I was not able to give you something last Christmas, it’s okay. I have the chance now. And God does not limit us. We can give him anything. We can offer him anything. Not only money for his church, not only service for His work, not only time to build his kingdom. We can even offer him our heartaches, we can offer him our victories, we can offer him our pains and troubles. Worldly value is not important to God as long as it is from the heart. Like the widow in the gospel who offered two very small copper coins, like the widow who offered Elijah a small cake of bread, God does not look at the worldly value of our offering. He looks at our heart while we offer these things. Jesus is happy to receive material things and good deeds – but they matter to Him only if they are symbols of our gift of self to him.
Lord, here I am. Search my heart. Let me know what you want me to offer to you. Help me be sensitive to know what else you want from me. But Lord, I know that ultimately you want me to submit and offer myself to you… so lord, give me the will to obey and submit myself.. Lord, here I am… and as we start the year, I offer you my life…
Lord, as I offer you my life, I have complete faith and trust in you that you would be great things through me. May I magnify you with my life, with the way I live my life, with my actions and words.
Take control of my life, Lord. Use me in what whatever way you want. Use me for your purpose.
I know it’s not easy Lord, but it’s worth it. There may be times when my will is different from yours, so help me humble myself and submit to your will.
Lord, as I start this new year, help me start it right.

Father God,
Thank you for 2012. Thank you for all the blessings you have generously showered me with. As we start 2013 Father God, I commit to put you first. I submit my will and offer my life to you. Use me as you wish, and mold me to be the person you want me to be. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...