Friday, January 18, 2013

How Far Would You Go?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011813.cfm) asks me – How for would you go for faith? How far are you willing to go for other people?

In the gospel, we see a familiar story (See related reflections below). It is inspiring how four people, which may or may not be friends of the paralyzed man, had the will, the faith, and made the effort to bring the paralyzed man to Jesus. It was not easy since there were a lot of people already, but these guys went the extra mile to bring the paralytic t Jesus, in hopes of healing for the person.

I don’t know if I would have done the same.

Sometimes compassion is not translated to action. Yes, you may feel sorry for the person, but actually doing something to help a person is a whole different thing. But these guys did not just act, they acted in a different level. Probably others will try to bring him to Jesus, but after seeing the house full, will say to the person – Sorry, a lot of people already. Maybe you’re not meant to be healed today. But not these guys. These guys went all the way to the roof, and brought the man down, resulting to him being healed.

It is not always easy to serve God. It is not always easy doing things for others. Sometimes God gives us challenges not to dishearten us, but to inspire, encourage and strengthen us. May we be inspired by the four men, whose love, faith, will and determination to bring the paralyzed man to Jesus, despite the challenges brought healing to the man, and glory to God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you that it’s the last working day of the week! =) Lord, I ask that you give me opportunities to strengthen my faith. May I be able to bring others to you, no matter how difficult or challenging it may be. It may not always be easy, but it is worth the effort to bring others to You. As I live my faith, may I not be dishearten by challenges, but take it as it is – challenges to build and develop my faith. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...