Thursday, January 3, 2013

Of Not Knowing but Obeying


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010313.cfm) reminds me to continue to believe and obey God even if we do not know a lot of things yet.

In the first reading, we see John the Apostle reminding us: “what we shall be has not yet been revealed, but we do know that when it is revealed, we shall be like him.” We may not know or understand what is happening to us, we may not know what the new year has in store for us, but we are encouraged to have faith and continue following Christ. St John goes on further, instructing us how we should act: “everyone who has this hope based on him makes himself pure, as he is pure.” Purity from sin, avoiding sin and all occasions that will lead us to sin. This is what we should do.

John the Baptist in the gospel writes that he do not know Jesus, but he has faith in God’s word and continues to work to prepare the way for Jesus. “I do not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” We may not understand God’s wisdom in the things happening in our lives, we may not understand a lot of things, but we should continue to serve God and do things for Him.

As I usher in 2013, what things do I still not understand? What prayers remain unanswered? How do I respond to things I do not understand? Do I still serve God and remain pure from sin despite the unanswered and unknown things in my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your word today that reminds me to continue to trust in you, to continue to work for and serve you despite of us not knowing a lot of things in life. Give me the faith that will continue to love and serve you no matter what. May we always hope on you, and remember that you have great plans for us, and that you will make us more and more like you as we live for you. Amen.

Blessed Day!

In Christ,
-g-         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...