Thursday, January 24, 2013

He is Always Able


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/012413.cfm) reminds me that Jesus is always able.

An excerpt from the first reading says:

Jesus is always able to save those who approach God through him,
since he lives forever to make intercession for them

How comforting to know that. Jesus is ALWAYS ABLE to save us… if we come to God THROUGH Him.

So powerful!

In the Philippine culture, the “palakasan” culture is very strong. It’s not necessarily good, but it’s true. They say that nowadays, it’s not what you know, but who you know. You can most likely get anything you want if you know the right people – be it in school, business or corporate. Knowing the right people, and having a good relationship with them, will be beneficial.

In the spiritual context, that is true as well.

Knowing Jesus makes us good or strong to God. Why? Because Jesus goes in between us and God. He intercedes for us. As the reading says, he is always able – not just when he was living here on earth, but always. We just need to come to Jesus.

What does coming to Jesus mean? Does it mean we will always get what we want if we course it through Jesus?

Coming to Jesus does not mean we’ll just ask him to tell God what we want. On the other hand, coming to Jesus is humbling ourselves and submitting ourselves to Him. And as we do so, we will be changed. Our hearts will be more and more like him. our desires will be one with him, will be what he desires for us. We will decrease and God will increase in our lives. Thus, we will be saved as we die of ourselves, and we will get what we pray for as we pray for what God wants for us.

Are you ready to come to Jesus, knowing that he is always able?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how loving and powerful Jesus is. It is inspiring that you are always able, as we see in the first reading and in the gospel. Thank you for not turning away anyone who comes to you in full faith. Lord, give me that faith. Give me that humility. May I have the heart to come to you, and surrender myself to you. May you be God in my life, so that my life will be my love offering to you. As I strive to live my life for you, I know that you will give me my heart’s desires, because I will only desire what you desire for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...