Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Love Him Back?


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/012913.cfm) reminds me to ask myself if I am loving Jesus.

The first reading reminds us of the ultimate love of God and Jesus to us. God sent his only son Jesus to die and save us from sin and death.

Question is – what effect does it have on us? Do we give importance to it? How do we pay him back?

In the gospel, we see what is important to Jesus. More than the affinity, what is important to him is if we follow God..

But he said to them in reply,
“Who are my mother and my brothers?”
And looking around at those seated in the circle he said,
“Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of God
is my brother and sister and mother.

We are all children of God, but we can only be real children of God if we obey God’s will and submit to his will – even if it is not necessarily what we want for ourselves, even if other people say otherwise, even if it is difficult to.

May we echo what the psalmist says – “Here I am Lord, I come to do your will” and be called children of God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how much you love me. I believe, Lord, that one of the greatest lies of the devil is that I am not loved. I may not have everything in life, I may want a lot of things that other people have, but that does not make me less loved. May you always remind me that more than any kind of love in this world, you gave me the ultimate sacrifice, the ultimate expression of love. Thank you for loving me, Lord. May I always remember that and may I always desire to seek your will and obey your will to show you that I love you back. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...