Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Recharge and Pray


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010913.cfm) reminds us how important it is to pray

After Jesus fed the five thousand (see http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2013/01/spirit-and-body.html), he went out to pray. How interesting it is to note that even Jesus prays. Even if he is the Son of God, he prays. In fact, he knows how important and powerful prayer is, so no matter how busy or tired he was, he gave time for prayer.

They say prayer is our direct line to God. The more we pray, the more we will get to know God, the more we will get to know and experience his love for us.  The more we experience his love, as in the first reading, the more we can share of Him and his love to one another.

In prayer, we also adore God. We tell him how great he is, and how thankful we are for all his blessings – both obvious and those in disguise. Thus, in praying, we can take part in what the psalmist says – to adore God.

May we always remember how important and powerful prayer is.

How important is prayer to me? Do I give time for prayer? When? Do I pray even if I am busy or tired? Do I still pray even if I have a lot of unanswered prayers? Do I realize that the more I pray, the more I will get to know God?

Father God,
Thank you for the gift of prayer. Thank you for reminding me today how important and powerful prayer is. Lord, I am sorry for not making the most out of your gift. I am sorry for using as an excuse me being too busy or tired to pray. I ask that you give me a heart of prayer, a heart that would love to pray, no matter how busy, tired, sad or happy I may be. And as I pray, may I get to know you more, and make me more and more like you, so that my prayers would be your prayer. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...