Thursday, January 10, 2013

He Loved Me First


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011013.cfm) reminds me how special I am.
There are times when we feel sad and lonely. Past hurts and sadness still haunt us – sadness and loneliness still visit us from time to time. Sad thing it, it still affects us. People get sick, or even hurt themselves because of such problems. That is why it is great to be reminded how special we are.
God loved us first. Wow, ang lakas. That’s how special we are. That’s how special you are. Nevermind if other people treat you otherwise, or make you feel otherwise. God, the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, the king of kings, loved you first. He loved you even if you do not love him. He loved you even if you hurt him. He loved you even if you continue to ignore him.
God’s love is real. He sent his only son to save us from our sins. We experience his love everyday, though sometimes we don’t recognize it, through the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the people around us. He never ceases to reach out to us, he never ceases to express his love for us. Yes, He loved us first and he continues to love us – no ifs and no buts.
Do I feel God’s love in my life? How? Are there times when I don’t feel his love, or when I doubt his love? Do I recognize the ways he sends his love to me everyday? Am I affected by how other people make me feel about myself, or do I focus on God, and let him express his love to me?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me first. Lord, there are times when I don’t feel your love. Times when I don’t recognize your love. I am so distracted by the world and I can’t seem to find and feel your love. Help me to be more sensitive to you, and remind me that no matter what other people say, and no matter how other people make me feel about myself – you loved me first and will continue to love me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...