Monday, January 14, 2013

Too Focused?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011413.cfm) reminds me to not be too focused on what I am doing in this life, that I miss out on the important things.
In the gospel, Jesus called his first disciples. They were working and doing their own business when Jesus called them. However, when Jesus called them, they left everything – their work, their family, their old life - and followed Jesus.
We may not experience Jesus himself coming to us and asking us to follow him – like he did the disciples. But I believe that Jesus comes to us, everyday, in the simple and ordinary things. He comes to us as we do our work, as we study, as we live our lives. This is why it is important that we should not be too focused on what we are doing, else we miss Jesus coming to us and miss the opportunity to follow him and serve him through others.
What is my goal right now? Am I focused on it? Am I focused too much that I don’t mind other things that come my way? Am I sensitive to Jesus’ calling me everyday? When was the last time he called me, and I responded positively?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another opportunity to love and serve you. Lord, I am sorry for not always being sensitive to you. Sorry for being too focused on my life, on my work, on my goals, that I fail to see you in my life. Help me become more sensitive to you, and when you call me, may I be like the disciples, ready and willing to leave what I am doing to do your work. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...