Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Spirit and Body


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010813.cfm) reminds me that Jesus satisfies completely – spirit and body

The gospel tells us one of the more famous gospels – Jesus feeding thousands. We see Jesus feeding the people, not just physically when he multiplied food for them, but first, spiritually, which was the primary food he gave them, even before the physical food. Then when it was late and dark already, Christ gave them physical food for their bodies.

God loves us so much that he gives us not only spiritual nourishment, but also physical nourishment.

Love is the reason God sent his only Son to save us from our sins. Love should also be our primary reason for living – to spread God’s love to each other. As the first reading tells us, we should love one another. And one way of loving one another is to care and share what we have with one another – which what other people said about the gospel, that the miracle is not Jesus multiplying food, but the real miracle is the hearts of the people were changed and the shared food with each other because of love.

May we be inspired to not only nourish our bodies, but more importantly, our spirit.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the reminder that you norish not only our body but our spirit as well. Lord, I ask that you be with me in a special way today. Help me always be reminded to nourish not only my body, but more importantly, my spirit as well. Lord, it is easy to know and be reminded when my body is weak, when I am hungry, but not as easy to detect spiritual hunger…so I ask you Lord that you disturb me, wake me up and give me warnings when my spirit is running low, when I am spiritually hungry as well. And Lord, may I be sensitive and respond to it. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

1 comment:

  1. I am Doris used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Meruja); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as nativedoctor101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...