Saturday, January 19, 2013

Powerful WORD


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011913.cfm) reminds me how powerful God’s WORD is.

In the first reading, we see how powerful and effective God’s WORD is. His Word, the truth, is able to penetrate the deepest and innermost of our being. His word makes us realize things, and assures us on our concerns in life. God’s word gives us consolation, hope and the truth.

God speaks to us through a lot of things, and one of which is his WORD,  the bible. As we read and get familiar with the bible, we learn a lot of things. There are times when we feel God talking directly to us through his word. We feel God’s messages of love, hope and call to conversion. As we see in the psalm, his words are spirit and life. His word gives life, both physically when he raised and healed people during his time, and spiritually when we are reminded to come back to him through his word.

Jesus words are effectve and powerful. In the gospels, we see him raise dead people, heal and cure with his word. And as we see in the first reading, he is one with us except sin. He can sympathize with us because he went through what we are going through. He was tempted as well, but his faithin and realtionship with God helped him overcome these temptations. May we be inspired to be like Christ, and give importance to God’s Word as he did.

Do I read the Word? Is it important to me? Do I realize that God cannot speak to me if I don’t know his voice, if I do not read up on his Word?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, there are a lot of things I want to do this weekend. I want to rest, but at the same time, I also want to maximize the weekend by spending time with people that matter to me. Despite all these things, help me Lord to spend time with you. Help me spend time with you and get to know you, and may I give importance and read and listen to your Word. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...