Saturday, January 5, 2013

Love in Deed and Truth


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010513.cfm) reminds me that love should not just be said, but lived.

The first reading reminds us how we should love. We should love through our actions, not just with our words. It is easy to say I love you, but a lot harder to really mean it, to really show it. God calls us to act what we profess – to act and live our faith, to act and live our love for him through others.

In the gospel, we again see someone being brought to Jesus. Knowledge of Christ is not for us to keep. We should share it with others. This is what Philip did when he brought Nathaniel to Christ. Real love calls us to action, and it is a great action bringing others to Christ.

May we be inspired to live our faith, to live our love for God.

In what ways am I living my love – for God, for my family and friends, for my loved ones? Am I bringing others to Christ?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, I ask that you be with me in a special way today. Help me be a beacon of your love. May I live my love to you, and may I bring others to you. Help me make my love for you real in my life. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...