Thursday, January 17, 2013

Result of Actions


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011713.cfm) reminds me that our actions would always result to something, even if we do not mean it, or see it while doing the act itself.

In Science, there is such a thing called Newton’s third law – For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. When you throw a ball and it hits the wall, it comes back to you. Your force on the ball it matched by the wall’s force on the ball. I believe this is true in life as well. Our actions have results and implications, which sometimes are unexpected or greater that what we thought.

Jesus told the man, whom he healed, to not tell others about his healing. For whatever reason Jesus has, we cannot be sure. But what we do know is the man disobeyed Jesus command. Probably he was just overwhelmed and very happy so he thought of sharing his healing to others. Maybe he meant no offense, but his actions had effects on Jesus – he was not able to go about freely because his fame spread.

There are times in our lives when we don’t mean harm. There are times when we don’t think our actions would cause a great effect on others or on ourselves. We are reminded to be careful, and to always follow whatever Jesus tells us, so that as we live our lives, no matter what happens, we know that we are following Jesus and we are doing our best to live lives pleasing to him and not against him.

What actions in my life caused unexpected results? Am I careful in the way I act? Do I know that even if I go against God’s will, he will still make a way for his plans to come true?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me to check my actions. Lord, there are a lot of times I do not think well enough before I act. There are times I do not consider the implications of my actions. Sorry for those times my actions hurt you. Lord, help me become more careful with my actions. Help me follow you and not let me emotions get the best of me. And always remind me that even if I go against your will, it won’t be enough to stop your great plans, and I will always have another chance to act and serve you better. Amen.

Blessed Day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...