Friday, January 25, 2013

Go Out!


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/012513.cfm) encourages and challenges me to go out and proclaim the gospel.

They say that we Filipinos are very resourceful. We can do a lot of things. However, sad to say, some of us use that quality to do things that are not so nice. That’s why there are corruption, a lot of pirated materials, etc in our country. We can be a lot more progressive if people only use their creativeness and resourcefulness in a positive way. This is why people say that our resourcefulness and creativeness is not maximized.

This is probably what we can say about St Paul.

Before his conversion, Saul (his former name) was a very fierce persecutor of Christians. He spent his days diligently persecuting Christ’s followers. People feared him. However, that was completely reversed when Jesus appeared to him. His conversion turned his life around, and his qualities were greatly used by God.

We may not be called to preach the way St Paul did, or may not be as gifted in preaching as him, but the readings today clearly say that we are called to go out and proclaim God’s kingdom, proclaim the gospel – wherever we are, whatever we do. In our own little way, we can proclaim his kingdom and the gospel by the way we live our lives and the way we interact with people around us.


Do I realize that even I too am called to proclaim the gospel, proclaim God’s kingdom in my life? Am I willing to go out of my way, of my comfort zone, and proclaim the gospel?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for calling me to proclaim your gospel and your kingdom. Lord, that’s the least I can do to show my love for you – to proclaim you and bring you to others. Lord, give me a heart that would be ready to step out of my comfort zone and go out into the world for you. I know I need not be a missionary to do that. I know that in my own little way – at home, in the office, in school, I can do something to proclaim you to others. I know Lord I am unworthy, so I ask that you help and equip me to do your work. Like to Saint Paul, may you never tire of giving me second chances to serve you, because even if it may not always be obvious, deep in my heart, that’s something I really want to do. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...