Monday, January 7, 2013

He Cured Them


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010713.cfm) reminds me that Jesus do not turn away anyone who comes to Him

The gospel today shows Jesus’ great love and power.

He went around all of Galilee,
teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom,
and curing every disease and illness among the people.
His fame spread to all of Syria,
and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases
and racked with pain,
those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics,

and he cured them.

Jesus is generous with his love and his power. He is not limited in what he gives away, His love and his power is never ending, and never runs out.

The psalm reminds us that we are adopted children of God. With that we are given the privilege of calling God our Father, and benefitting from his love and power. Thus, we see Jesus making us feel God’s love and power as we see in the gospel.

The first reading reminds us that we should remain in God so that we could enjoy the benefits of being his adopted children. We should continue to acknowledge him and trust in Him as we live our lives here on earth.

May we always do our best to remain in God, to live lives pleasing to God, and enjoy God’s never ending love and power in our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the weekend that gave me time to rest my body and my spirit. Lord, as I start another week, I ask that you help me live my life for you. Help me always remember and be aware of your presence in my life, and may I live a life pleasing and glorifying you as I do my best to remain in you and make you happy. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...